Friday, March 23, 2007

A GOOD HANDSHAKE

So many times someone has shaken my hand and my impression of them immediately went south. Know what I'm saying? the wimpy limp handshake. Most of the time it is women that I have this encounter with. I don't think anyone ever taught them how to shake a a hand, not that I was taught. Not sure where I learned however I have a very good handshake, firm not too firm and I look at my recipient. What peeves me the most is doctors. When you meet a doctor for the first time, usually you are trusting them with a personal part of yourself, a handshake would be in order. Well sad to say this is not the norm. Most doctors I have met do not offer the handshake. I have surprised some by offering mine. Are they germaphobic? Well last night I met a new vet who immediately offered a handshake, wow and she was a woman with a great handshake. Maybe the tides are turning.

No comments: