Friday, January 29, 2010

Days weeks months....

Where does the time go? I have a project list so long I can not even look at it anymore. Parties slowed down for a while but are now picking up, Thank You!

HOLIDAY PARTY - we did a girls PJ nite, BEST idea ever. Each woman loved wearing their most comfy clothes. I made Merry Berry Martinis and an antipasta platter, yum. We played Holiday Trivia, Grinch Exchange and an Ornament Exchange. One wonderful woman gave each of us a ball ornament with everyone's last name and the year, I see a new tradition of making the ornaments at the party. We already have a hostess for next year, can't wait.

VALENTINE'S DAY PARTY - instead of going out to dinner, we're having a Fondue Party at one couple's house. We're doing cheese, bread cubes, veggies, apples, steak, chicken, shrimp and chocolate strawberries, delicious. Each couple is to bring their wedding album/photos as we all are newer friends and did not know each other when we all married. I have planned a fun renewal ceremony for each couple. I'll play the minister using funny snippets of information and I have a fake big gem ring for each woman and a veil and bouquet, thinking of ideas for the drop drop. We'll play a famous couples trivia, valentine pictionary and the newlywed game(need new questions as we just played for NY eve). Looking for a few more games. Created an ipod mix with great hits such as
  • Stop in the Name of Love(gotta love Diana Ross)
  •  Love Shack(B-52s)
  • Pour Some Sugar on Me(Def Leppard)
  • You Can Leave Your Hat On(Joe Cocker) - I so LUV this song
  • How Sweet it is to be Loved by You(Marvin Gaye) 
  • Crazy Thing Called Love(Michael Buble) 
  • I Got You Babe(Ahh Sonny & Cher)
  • Love Will Keep Us Together(Captain & Tennille)
  • I Do I Do I Do(ABBA) 
  • You Give Me Fever(The Cramps) 
  • Baby Be Mine( Michael Jackson)
  • Going to the Chapel(Little Anthony)
  • Always & Forever(Earth, Wind & Fire)
  • You Light Up My Life(Debbie Boone)
  • Unforgettable(Nat King Cole)
  • Wonderful Tonight(Eric Clapton)
  • I'll Be There(Jackson 5)
  • and more
Children's Themes I'm working on and hopefully I will have photos(need new camera)
  • Girl's Tea Party - doing the white, pink & silver with mismatched china
  • Diva Party - doing the red, black and white look. Found a new frame for the table last week. Adding Chocolate Fountain.
  • Hot Wheels Party - researching ideas
  • Spy Party - for my son's 9th birthday. Planning black t-shirts, black caps, spy id lanyards, spy training activities and a spy hunt through the town. Should be FUN. Making invitations today - mini invites and a magnifying glass in a classified envelope, I think they will like it.
Goal to be better at posting!

1 comment:

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Thanks for the comments on my circus party. That "tent" is made from the long rolls of plastic tablecloth, and we tied them off onto our dining room chandelier!