Thursday, March 4, 2010

SPY PARTY - SON'S BIRTHDAY

I have been blessed with only one child, my son Parker. He is the best kid, I am so so so lucky. He turned 9  last week and this weekend we celebrated with a SPY Party. We kept the party small to 5 friends as we needed everyone to fit into one van. We had activities at home and then piled into the van for a spy hunt through our town. I only did 3 stops thru the town, not knowing how it would go and if the boys would enjoy it. I should have done more! they loved running into a store to find the next clue, it was awesome.

The invitation(which I don't have a photo of) was in very very small font and sent in a padded envelope with a magnifying glass. I ordered gable boxes from http://www.garnish.com/ and added stickers with their spy name. I originally wanted to order each child a black duffel bag but could not find them for a decent price. I lucked out and found black sweatshirts for $3 each at walmart and ironed on their spy name. Inside the box were binoculars, a flashlight, small notepad, kookie pen, a black knit cap, spy sunglasses, a black&white lanyard and funny glasses. We made spy badges and fingerprinted the boys, these they attached to the lanyards. Activities were
  • Target shooting, with nerf gun. Husband drew target right on the glass back door.
  • Bubble wrap game, have to walk/crawl very slowly and not pop bubbles. They loved this game!
  • Bomb detonation - pop black balloons by sitting on them, first clue was inside one of balloons
  • Clue hunt. Clues rhymed and led them to a location for the next clue. Inside the house were the first 2 and then onto 7-11 for slurpees, pet smart and acme for doritoes.
Back home for chicken fingers, fries, cake & enormous ice-cream sundaes. In addition to the sweatshirts, the box with stuff, I also had a candy bar, colors were yellow & black & white.

My son loved his party and after 3 hours I was ready for a glass of wine(a couple of glasses:)

Tried to upload photos 2x, but keeps freezing my computer, argh! trying again.




                                                                                      Cake from Confection Perfection in Richboro.

5 comments:

Enchanted Expectations said...

Great job on this party. I'm always looking for great themes for boys and u nailed it

Its So Very Cheri said...

They look like they had fun.

I am letting everyone know that I have moved my blog to my new site www.itssoverycheri.com
I need to ask you, to please go over and RE-SIGN up to follow me over there. Google won't let you take your Followers with you so you are no longer getting my info in your reader, unless you have gone over and signed up. Sorry if you have already done so, I am trying to go back and forth between both blogs as well as my new e-mail and my old e-mail.
I have lots of fun things going on over at the new blog, so I hope you will hop on over and check it all out.

I also have a new give-a-way starting tomorrow.
Cheri www.itssoverycheri.com

WhisperWood Cottage said...

I just wanted to let you know you are featured in my Follower Feature post today. Thanks so much for following!

Amy

muslimah said...

looks really fun! just wanted to share a great link on how you can enlarge your photos on your blog, its really easy.

http://www.stephmodo.com/2009/02/how-to-enlarge-photos-on-blogger-part-3.html

Homemade Heather said...

Fun party! Thanks for visiting my blog! I find my paper lanterns at dollar stores and michaels craft stores. My tissue paper pom poms hold up well - I cut 6" squares of paper, gather them each in the middle and hot glue gun them to a
1 1/2" ball. I hang them in my craft room when not in use. It's very festive! LOL Chat soon!