Monday, September 28, 2009

Plans go ADD

Even the best of plans go ADD! I'm sure many of us do this but maybe there is advice out there that could help. I make many plans for projects from this to that and then something better comes along and I'm onto the new project before I even begin the old.

Halloween is soon to be here, my project list has grown ten-fold but the thrift shops and my fave blogs provide me with other temptations. Like the black lampshade that needs just a bit of embellishment. Or all of the transformation entrys and DIY entries. Which got me thinking, dangerous you know.

I especially loved the post on http://southernhospitalityblog.com/my-house/ about her office nook,  so what did I do? You know it, I just had to have an office nook too. So the work began yesterday.

From the beginning;
When I began working from home I worked from my husband's office upstairs. Shared desk, storage, computer, etc. Well that was a disaster! So, I moved to our dining room. No more dining just shelves of supplies and a couple of desks. Well when the holidays arrived it was a nightmare to move everything so we could have a nice family celebration. Moving everything back was ridiculous so my husband converted 3/4 of the garage to my new space, perfect for storage but not a desk. So my desk is the dining room table with a printer in the kitchen and files/papers/books/mags in random places. This is fine however sometimes I just want/need to shut the door, get me?

So yesterday I removed storage boxes of holiday decor from an upstairs smalllllll room, now stored in under the stairs closet(boy I have wayyyy tooo much stuff) and I removed plywood shelving, my arms hurt. I only broke on hammer. Next will be drywall patching, husband needs to help, and carpet removal. My hope is to be finished by next week, I can dream. Still thinking of a paint color, should I copy the green from Southern Hospitality?

On a good note I did manage to bring all the halloween decor downstairs.

3 comments:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Best of luck on your office nook project! I hope it turns out like your vision and you don't break any more hammers!

Tricia said...

Hi there.
I just wanted to come by and say hello. Thank you so much for joining us at The Zoo. I've been making changes like crazy, and losing my sanity a little bit, so it was awesome to see a new follower who could handle my rants. ;)

I wish you the best of luck on your new blog.

BTW, you had me at "Plans go ADD". I think we may be soul mates. lol.

XO*Tricia

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

That sounds great! I would love to have a little nook where to keep everything together. I work in a table in the family room during the day and before everyone gets home, I put everything away to keep the room clean and organized! I'm sure you'll love your special place!
Marcela